We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If strawberries are already growing on the site, and they are quite suitable for the owner in terms of their parameters, then you still want to try new varieties. Among the line of Czech selection, the strawberry variety "Maryshka" stands out, see photo. Gardeners note the excellent qualities of large-fruited berries and the reliability of the main characteristics of the variety. To help summer residents find out the strengths and weaknesses of strawberries "Maryshka", the article will touch upon the main issues of agricultural technology for growing a popular species. Also, the main characteristics from the description of the variety will be listed, photos of the strawberry "Maryshka" and reviews of gardeners will be provided.
Description of the variety and characteristics
For gardeners, the most important are those characteristics of the Maryshka strawberry variety, which allow them to get a decent harvest. These include:
- Productivity. Usually this parameter is calculated by indicators per 1 sq. m of landing area. But in the description of the strawberry "Maryshka" the fertility from one bush is indicated, which is about 0.5 kg. If we translate this figure into a regular calculation, then from 1 sq. m gardeners collect 2.5 kg of tasty and juicy berries.
- Ripening period. "Maryshka" is a medium-ripening strawberry variety. The harvest ripens in mid-June, but fruiting is not prolonged, the berries ripen almost simultaneously. When grown in the southern regions, the variety should be classified as early maturing, because the dates are shifted to an earlier period.
- Large-fruited. A very beneficial option for gardeners. According to reviews, strawberry "Maryshka" also has a distinctive feature that attracts gardeners. For the entire period of fruiting, the berries do not shrink, maintaining the nominal size. The weight of one strawberry is about 60 g, the shape may be different, but the taste does not depend on it.
- Berries. In their reviews, gardeners note that the strawberry variety "Maryshka" has a very juicy, aromatic and sweet pulp. Due to their high juiciness, the berries are not recommended to be frozen; after defrosting, they do not hold their shape due to the large amount of liquid. At the same time, the pulp has a good density, which makes it possible to transport the "Maryshka" quite far without spoiling the berries. The taste of the fruit is sweet. The berries are bright red with clearly protruding yellow seeds. The largest number of seeds is located at the tip of the strawberry, so even ripe berries can be mistaken for immature ones.
- Bushes are short and compact. The flower stalks of the Maryshka variety are arranged in clusters above the leaves, so the berries do not touch the ground and are little affected by rot. It is the arrangement of the fruits in clusters that leads to the fact that they have a different shape. Being located close to each other, the berries have a mutual influence on the development of each of them. Ripe fruits of "Maryshka" resemble an elongated or flat cone.
- Secondary formation of rosettes and whiskers. This quality allows the variety to be propagated independently. At the same time, it does not require regular whisker removal and reduces the temporary workload of gardeners when growing the variety.
- Disease resistance is high. This is facilitated by a powerful root system that supplies the plant with sufficient nutrients.
- Frost resistance and winter hardiness at a sufficient level. Strawberry variety "Maryshka" grows well in the regions of the middle zone.
In the description of the strawberry variety "Maryshka" there are other advantages, so summer residents need to learn all the nuances of growing healthy berries.
Advantages and disadvantages
Based on the gardeners' reviews and the description of the Maryshka strawberry variety, we will group the main characteristics.
Advantages of Maryshka strawberries:
- dessert taste and strawberry aroma of berries;
- unchanged fruit size during the fruiting period;
- the power of the bushes, allowing you to observe a rare planting;
- high arrangement of peduncles;
- transportability, frost resistance and good winter hardiness;
- resistance to diseases and pests.
Among the disadvantages of the strawberry variety "Maryshka" are:
- instability to damage by red root rot;
- low index of frost resistance for the Urals and Siberia.
The detailed description familiarized the gardeners with the characteristics of the Maryshka strawberry variety. Now we should go to the peculiarities of the landing.
The culture is not too whimsical. But still, for the Maryshka variety, you will have to adhere to some rules, the main of which is the choice of a place for the ridges. What are the requirements for the site?
The first is the observance of crop rotation. Avoid planting strawberries where nightshades, eggplants, or peppers grew. These crops are capable of provoking the spread of verticillosis - a dangerous disease for strawberries of the Maryshka variety. It is desirable that there are no plantings of these plants next to the strawberries. Onions and grains will be excellent predecessors.
The second is good lighting and an indicator of soil acidity. Loam with a pH of 5.5 - 6 is suitable. Additionally, the moisture permeability of the soil is taken into account. In areas with a risk of flooding, a drainage layer is made or ridges are placed on fill hills. This should be done in regions with rainy summers. Lack of lighting will lead to a loss of sugar content in the "Maryshka" variety. Therefore, gardeners need to take care that there are no tall trees or shrubs next to the strawberries that shade the beds.
The next step is to determine the landing date. It depends on the planting method. If you plan to plant Maryshka strawberries with a mustache, then you should plant the plants in late summer (August - September). With the seedling method of growing, the term is postponed to spring or early June.
Saplings of the variety can be purchased at the nursery or grown independently if several bushes are already available on the site. When buying seedlings, you need to choose strong, healthy specimens. The root collar of the seedling should be at least 6 cm thick and 7 cm high. When propagating with a mustache, the process begins at the end of summer. In strong parental bushes, strawberries cut off the ends of the grown whiskers, leaving 2 "kids" on them. When they grow, they are separated from the mother bush and planted in a permanent place.
Before planting strawberry bushes "Maryshka", the soil is dug up and fertilized. For spring planting, organic matter and mineral components are introduced. For 1 sq. m of area you will need:
- 0.5 buckets of good quality humus or compost;
- 20 g of potassium fertilizer;
- 60 g superphosphate.
When planting in autumn, mineral components are not added, limiting only to organic matter.
According to the description of the strawberry variety "Maryshka", plants can be planted in several ways (see photo):
- Separate bushes. At the same time, the distance between the holes is maintained at 0.5 m, and 2-3 plants are planted in one hole. The advantage of this method is ease of maintenance, the disadvantage is the need to regularly loosen, weed and mulch the beds.
- In rows. Here, the distance between the bushes is 20 cm, in row spacings 40 cm. The most popular method.
- Nested or compacted fit. 7 plants are planted in one hole. A distance of 30 cm is maintained between the nests, 40 cm in row spacing.
- Carpet. It is used by summer residents who do not have the opportunity to constantly care for the plants. With this option, the planting is done randomly in order to get a solid carpet of strawberries as a result. The disadvantage is a decrease in yield due to thickening of the plantings.
More about planting strawberries:
After planting, the Maryshka saplings are watered and mulched.
Strawberries cannot be ignored during the growing season. Only in this case, you can count on a decent result. To enjoy the large fruits of "Maryshka", you need to provide the plants with:
- High-quality watering. Gardeners note that the variety responds well to weekly sprinkling. But you need to water the strawberries without fanaticism. Bushes of "Maryshka" do not tolerate flooding and immediately react with a deterioration in disease resistance. But after harvesting, it is recommended to fill the bushes of a large-fruited variety with water well. This technique helps the roots to heal.
- Top dressing. For strawberries of the Maryshka variety, both organic and mineral compositions can be used. When eating strawberries, the dosage is strictly observed so as not to harm the fruits. Particular attention should be paid to nitrogen fertilizers, but be careful. If the plants are overfed, then the strong growth of greenery will deprive the gardener of the harvest. With a deficiency, the berries will become smaller, lose their taste, and the leaves will change color. In the first year, strawberries "Maryshka" are not fed, provided that the soil was fertilized before planting. Then, in the second year of plant life, from the flowering period, the bushes are watered with infusion of bird droppings, ash, or complex mineral fertilizers for strawberries are applied. It is also important not to skip the fall feeding. During this period, strawberries need to recover from fruiting. It is good to feed the plot with humus in the fall (3 kg per 1 sq. M).
- Disease prevention. First of all, the plants are regularly inspected so as not to miss the appearance of a problem. Most often "Maryshka" suffers from red root rot. The disease affects plantings with excess moisture and a lack of sunlight. To avoid this, the seedlings are soaked in a fungicide solution before planting. If alarming symptoms still appear, then the plant is removed.
- Shelter for the winter. Plantings need to be covered with a protective film, especially in the northern regions.
Subject to agricultural practices, the strawberry harvest "Maryshka" fully corresponds to the description of the variety and photos, which is confirmed by numerous reviews of gardeners.
Anna, Voronezh region
Not only I, but also my homemade ones are happy with the strawberries "Maryshka". A very tasty and aromatic berry with a strawberry scent. The variety does not have any special requirements for care; attention must be paid to watering. With waterlogged plants, problems begin. Then rot will appear, then the berries become watery. Therefore, I immediately lay a drainage layer on the beds. Very helpful.
The grade "Maryshka" satisfies in all respects. I especially like it because it does not tolerate heat and cold. I don't cover the bushes for the winter, but I leave the mulch to protect the plants from frost. It bears fruit well even with irregular care, but this should not be introduced into the rule. In a year or two, the harvest will be much worse.