We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Healthy and tasty cauliflower is grown by many farmers, and having received a good harvest of vegetables, they try to preserve it. Fresh cauliflower is stored for only a few days, after which it loses its taste and appearance, so it must be processed. For example, delicious pickled cauliflower for the winter can become a favorite treat for the whole family and a godsend for the hostess. An appetizer from this vegetable always turns out to be tender and aromatic. It can be served with various dishes of meat, poultry, potatoes or cereals. You can marinate a vegetable in several different ways, which we will try to talk about in detail later in the article.
The easiest recipe
Often, cauliflower is pickled with the addition of various vegetables, for example, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots. Such recipes are quite difficult for novice cooks, so we decided to start our article with the simplest recipe that is available to everyone.
For pickling, you need cauliflower directly. One recipe is designed for 10 kg of this fresh product at once, but if necessary, the amount of all ingredients can be reduced. In addition to the colored "beauty", you will need salt and vinegar in equal amounts, 400 g (ml) each, water in a volume of 5.5 liters. With such a limited amount of ingredients, you can make cauliflower for the winter with a very interesting taste.
This is done as follows:
- Divide the cabbage into inflorescences of approximately equal sizes.
- Pour over the cabbage pieces with boiling water.
- Place the vegetable tightly in sterilized jars.
- Boil salted water. After the salt crystals are completely dissolved, remove the liquid from the heat, mix it with vinegar.
- Wait until the marinade has cooled slightly, then fill the jars with it and preserve the product.
- For 2 weeks, containers with cabbage must be kept at room conditions for better pickling. After this time, the cauliflower will be ready to serve.
- For storage, jars must be removed to a cool cellar.
The proposed recipe is very simple, requires the least effort and time. It turns out delicious, natural pickled cabbage. The absence of deep heat treatment allows you to preserve all the useful substances of the fresh product in the best possible way. Large amounts of salt and vinegar keep the cauliflower safe for the winters.
Another recipe for harvesting without sterilization and cooking cabbage is shown in the video:
Perhaps this particular cooking option will be the best for another caring housewife.
Simple spiced cabbage recipe
Unlike the above-suggested recipe, the option for cooking cauliflower with spices provides for short-term cooking, which makes vegetables more tender. The beneficial substances in cabbage during heat treatment will be partially destroyed.
Important! The duration of cooking depends on the size of the inflorescences and can be 1-5 minutes.
You need to cook salting using a marinade. So, for every 1 kg of cabbage inflorescences, 1.5 tbsp. vinegar, 2-2.5 liters of pure water, literally 2 tbsp. l. salt and half a glass of granulated sugar. Spices in moderation can be added to any recipe. Recommended spices include sweet peas (about 8-10 pcs.) And bay leaf.
The salting process begins with cutting the cabbage:
- The vegetable must be disassembled into inflorescences, then washed and dried with a towel.
- Fold the prepared vegetables into a saucepan and fill it with water. Salt the liquid (1 tbsp. Salt).
- Cook vegetables for 3 minutes. over low heat.
- After cooking, drain the water from the pan.
- Prepare a marinade based on 2.5 tbsp. water. In this volume of liquid, you need to add vinegar, sugar, spices and salt (another 1 tbsp. Salt). Cool the ready marinade.
- Put the cooled boiled cabbage into pre-sterilized jars.
- Pour vegetables with cold marinade and preserve.
Important! It is rational to use the water left over from cooking the cabbage for making the marinade, since it will have a characteristic cabbage taste and aroma.
The recipe is fast and easy to prepare. Every housewife can cope with such a task. As a result of cooking, a very tasty and aromatic winter preparation is obtained, which will always have to be served at the table.
Cauliflower with herbs and garlic
For lovers of spicy and aromatic food, the following delicious recipe for making cauliflower will surely become interesting. In addition to the main vegetable, it contains garlic, parsley and ground pepper. So, 700 g of cabbage will require 5-7 garlic cloves, a bunch of parsley, ground pepper and salt to taste. Vinegar is added to salting in the amount of 3 tbsp. l.
You can prepare a pickled, spicy treat as follows:
- Divide the cabbage, wash and cook for 5 minutes in salted water.
- Throw the vegetables in a colander, rinse them under running cold water. Leave 200-250 ml of cabbage broth.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut into thin slices.
- Fry the garlic in a skillet for literally 3 minutes, adding a little vegetable oil first.
- Add chopped herbs, salt and pepper to a frying pan with garlic.
- Pour cabbage broth and vinegar into the total mass of spicy products. Boil the mixture and remove the pan from the stove.
- Put the cabbage in a jar. Fill the remaining volume with hot marinade, then preserve the salting for the winter.
The peculiarity of the recipe is that after 2 hours the cabbage, being marinated, acquires its spicy taste and aroma. After this short period of time, the product can be served.
Recipes for professionals
Pickled cauliflower for the winter is very tasty if it is supplemented with tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers. The combination of products allows you to get a unique taste and aroma of winter harvesting.
Recipe with the addition of carrots
Cabbage and carrots are a traditional vegetable combination that is used in many recipes. We will try to describe one of them in detail later in the section.
For one 500 ml jar, you will need 200 g of cabbage, 1 medium-sized carrot, bay leaf, mustard seeds and sweet peas to taste. The composition of the canned winter preparation will also include sugar 1.5 tsp and a little less salt, as well as 15 ml of vinegar. If it is decided to marinate the cauliflower in a larger amount, then the amount of all the ingredients in the recipe must be proportionally increased.
The instructions for cooking this pickle consist of the following points:
- Divide the cabbage into pieces, rinse and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Peeled carrots, wash and cut into wedges.
- Fill the jars with spices, then with slices of boiled vegetables and fresh carrots. It is recommended to lay out the ingredients in rows.
- Boil water separately. Add vinegar, sugar, salt to the marinade.
- Fill the jars with hot marinade, then seal them.
The product canned according to the proposed recipe looks great on the table, has a bright aroma and wonderful taste. Winter blanks are stored successfully even under conditions at room temperature.
Cabbage with sweet and hot peppers
Often, as part of a recipe, you can find a combination of cauliflower with bell pepper. We suggest combining these vegetables and complementing them with hot chili peppers.
To prepare a pickled product for the winter, you will need 1.5 kg of cabbage, and the same amount of bell pepper. It is preferable to use peppers of different colors to make the dish brighter and more appetizing. It is necessary to supplement the composition of salting with parsley and dill. The amount of these ingredients can be taken at your discretion. Chili peppers will make the appetizer more spicy, tart and aromatic, but you should not overdo it with this ingredient. For the entire volume of these products, add only 1 pod. To prepare the marinade, you need 0.5 liters of vinegar, a liter of water and 100 g of salt.
The pickled cauliflower recipe includes the following:
- Wash all vegetables. Divide the cabbage into inflorescences, free the bell peppers from seeds, cut into pieces (strips).
- Finely chop hot chili and fresh herbs with a knife.
- Put pepper, chopped greens with chili, cabbage and pepper again in layers in jars. It is recommended to keep the specified sequence for the aesthetics of the prepared dish.
- Prepare the marinade by adding salt and vinegar to boiling water. When all the ingredients are dissolved, the marinade must be removed from the heat and cooled.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables and preserve the jars.
- Store the finished product in a cool place.
Using this unique recipe, the hostess gets two delicious products at once: pickled cabbage inflorescences and pickled bell peppers. Thus, winter harvesting is able to satisfy the needs of literally every family member.
Another recipe for a spicy, but very tasty winter preparation is offered further in the section. It allows, in addition to the inflorescences of the main vegetable, to prepare bell peppers and carrots for the winter. To prepare the snack, you will need 1 kg of cabbage, 3 large bell peppers and 2 medium-sized chili peppers. Also, the preparation includes carrots and a head of garlic. The marinade will contain 1 liter of water, 2 tbsp. salt (preferably large), a glass of sugar, 100 ml of vinegar and one third of a glass of oil. From spices, it is recommended to use 1 teaspoon of coriander and ground peppers (red, allspice, black) to taste.
Preparing salting for the winter can be quite quick and easy. This requires:
- Divide the vegetable into inflorescences of approximately the same size. Boil them for 3-4 minutes, then strain all the liquid through a colander.
- Peel and grind the garlic with coriander and ground peppers.
- Peel and chop the carrots, preferably on a Korean carrot grater.
- In a separate saucepan, boil the marinade made from water, sugar and salt. After these ingredients are completely dissolved, add the vinegar and remove the marinade from the stove.
- Mix inflorescences with carrots and spices. Arrange the workpiece in jars.
- Fill containers with hot marinade and preserve.
- Soak the pickled snack in a warm blanket until it cools completely, and then put it in the cellar for further storage.
Any festive table can be complemented with Korean-style piquant cabbage. It is quite simple to prepare it, and it is very tasty to eat.
Cauliflower with cucumbers and tomatoes
This recipe is unique as it combines several seasonal vegetables at once. So, for the preparation of pickling, you will need 1 kg of cabbage inflorescences and 500 g of tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers each. Sweet and sour marinade will need to be prepared on the basis of 1 liter of water, with the addition of 1 tbsp. salt, 2 tbsp. sugar and vinegar. The amount of vinegar is calculated from the seaming volume: 1 liter. the jar needs to add 40 ml of this ingredient.
You need to preserve salting as follows:
- Boil cabbage inflorescences for 1-3 minutes.
- Wash the pepper, cut into large pieces, before removing the seeds and partitions.
- The tomatoes should be washed without chopping.
- Wash cucumbers thoroughly. Remove ponytails from their surface. The cucumbers themselves can be cut into pieces.
- Prepare the marinade by completely dissolving the salt and sugar crystals in boiling water.
- Mix vegetables and transfer to jars. Fill the remaining volume with boiling water.
- After keeping for 15 minutes, drain the water. Fill the jars with boiling brine and preserve.
- Insist pickles in a warm blanket and hide for permanent storage.
This recipe is popular with many housewives. Its main advantage is the variety of delicious vegetables and sweet aromatic syrup, as well as a long winter storage period.
There are quite a few recipes for pickling cauliflower and it can be problematic to choose one specific cooking option. We offered the best, delicious recipes for pickled cauliflower for the winter. Experienced housewives use them to surprise and feed their entire family.