We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is customary to call lecho a Bulgarian cuisine dish. But this is a mistake, in fact, the traditional recipe was invented in Hungary, and the original composition of the salad is very different from the lecho that we are used to seeing it. To date, a lot of recipes for this delicious appetizer have been created; absolutely exotic ingredients can be included in the salad, such as grape juice, for example. The Russians, on the other hand, traditionally prepare lecho from peppers and tomatoes, sometimes supplementing the recipe with other ingredients.
This article will tell you how to cook lecho for the winter, and also consider the best recipes with photos and step-by-step cooking technologies.
The recipe for the classic lecho from tomatoes, peppers and onions for the winter
This recipe is closest to the traditional Hungarian salad. It is easy to prepare such a snack, you will need the most affordable and simple products too.
To prepare lecho for the winter, you need the following ingredients:
- 2 kg of bell pepper;
- onions in the amount of one kilogram;
- 2 kg of fresh tomatoes;
- half a glass of sunflower oil;
- half a spoonful of salt;
- 4 tablespoons of sugar;
- a teaspoon of black peppercorns;
- 4-5 peas of allspice;
- 2 bay leaves;
- half a shot of vinegar (prepare a lecho salad for the winter with the addition of 9% vinegar).
So, preparing a tomato salad for the winter is very simple:
- The first thing to do is wash all the vegetables, trim the stalks, and peel the onions and peppers.
- Now the tomatoes are cut into convenient pieces and chopped with a meat grinder - you should get tomato juice with seeds.
- Chop the onion with a knife, cutting into half rings.
- The pepper should be cut into small strips (the width of each strip is about 0.5 cm).
- Combine all the crushed ingredients in a large bowl or saucepan, mix and add all the spices except vinegar.
- Boil the salad over low heat for at least an hour. Do not forget that the salad should be constantly stirred.
- At the end of cooking, vinegar is poured into the lecho and the hot mixture is poured into the jars. It remains to roll up the cans with lids or use screw caps.
Important! Bell peppers for this dish can be of any color (green, red, white or yellow).
Pepper lecho recipe for the winter with beans
This salad can be called experimental, since its recipe has not yet been tested by the general public. For those who love the traditional pepper and tomato lecho, the combination of ingredients may seem unacceptable. So, the recipe with beans will appeal to experimenters who prefer interesting snacks for the winter to traditional seaming.
The list of products is as follows:
- 2 kg tomato;
- 1 kg of carrots;
- 4 large bell peppers;
- 2 pods of hot pepper;
- 1 kg of green beans (asparagus);
- a glass of vegetable oil (it is better to take refined oil, it does not affect the taste and aroma of the dish);
- 2 heads of garlic;
- a glass of granulated sugar;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar (essence 70%).
Attention! Green beans are rich in protein and fiber, they are an excellent dietary product, so eating them is very useful for both adults and children.
How to make a bean snack:
- The preparation of this unusual salad begins with boiling green beans. Boil the beans in lightly salted water. The pods should simmer for at least five minutes. Cooking time depends on the size of the pods and the presence of coarse fibers in them.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- It is better to remove the peel from the tomatoes, after making cuts on it and dipping the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds.
- Tomatoes cut into large pieces are laid out in a deep frying pan or stewpan with hot sunflower oil.
- Pour grated carrots into the same dish, add sugar and salt. Stew these ingredients for lecho for about 25 minutes, stirring constantly with a spatula.
- Bulgarian and hot peppers are cut into small strips, after having cleaned them of seeds.
- Pour pepper and garlic chopped into slices into a saucepan with vegetables.
- Cooked and cooled beans must be peeled from too hard fibers. First, cut off the ends on each side of the pod, then remove the tough thread that runs along the entire length of the beans. You can cut the pods into three parts, or you can leave them whole - this is not for everybody.
- Put the asparagus beans in a saucepan with boiling salad and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Pour vinegar into lecho, mix the salad well and lay it out in sterile jars.
Advice! To prevent the jars with the blank from "exploding" and the salad itself not to sour, it is imperative to sterilize the jars before use. This can be done in several ways: put on the spout of a boiling kettle, use a microwave oven or special appliances for household sterilization.
According to this recipe, the lecho turns out to be very satisfying, and may well be used as a separate dish or a side dish for meat, fish, poultry.
Delicious eggplant appetizer
The recipe for lecho, prepared not only from tomatoes, onions and peppers, has also earned considerable popularity. Eggplants add satiety to traditional salad and give an unusual taste.
You need to cook such a lecho for the winter from these products:
- 0.6 kg tomato;
- 6 bell peppers;
- 1.2 kg eggplant;
- 4 large onions;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- a stack of sunflower oil;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- a spoonful of vinegar (here we mean 6 percent vinegar);
- a teaspoon of sweet ground paprika.
Important! Eggplants in this preparation are tender and very tasty, organically combined with winter salad.
Cooking lecho for the winter consists of just a few steps:
- First of all, you need to wash the eggplants and cut them into large pieces (each eggplant for lecho is cut across into two parts, then each of the halves is divided into 4-6 parts, depending on the size of the vegetable).
- Now the blue ones are salted and left for a while to remove the bitterness from them.
- Peel onions and garlic. The onion is cut into half rings, and the garlic is cut into thin slices. Both products are sent to a frying pan with hot oil. Fry the onion until translucent.
- Peel the peel from the tomatoes to make the lecho more tender for the winter. To do this, make a cross-shaped incision on each tomato and pour boiling water over it.
- Put the whole tomatoes in a skillet with onions and garlic.
- Knead the tomatoes with a mashed potatoes, stir and stew.
- Sweet peppers are cut into medium-sized strips, sent to all other ingredients.
- Now you can put the eggplants there. If the blue ones let the juice go, it needs to be squeezed out to remove the characteristic bitterness.
- All ingredients are mixed, pepper, salt, sugar and paprika are poured there.
- Stew lecho over low heat for at least an hour.
- When the dish is ready, vinegar is poured into it, mixed and the salad is laid out in sterile jars.
The beauty of this unusual lecho is proved by the attached photographs.
Attention! Although onions, tomatoes and bell peppers are considered traditional ingredients for lecho, this winter salad will not be as delicious without garlic.
Garlic lecho is much more aromatic, the spice enhances the taste and smell of each product in this salad.
Lecho with grape juice
Another recipe for a delicious tomato lecho, distinguished by its special piquancy. Grape juice is used as one of the main ingredients for this salad.
Some housewives use acidic grape juice to preserve tomatoes or cucumbers - grapes (or rather, its juice) are considered an excellent preservative. Why not try making lecho for the winter with fruit juice.
So, for the "experiment" you will need:
- grapes - 1 kg;
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- 2 pieces of bell pepper;
- 3 heads of garlic (in this recipe, the amount of garlic is quite large);
- small pod of hot pepper;
- a spoonful of salt;
- a stack of granulated sugar;
- a stack of sunflower oil;
- a spoonful of vinegar (in this lecho 70% essence is used);
- 4 black peppercorns for each jar of lecho.
Cooking lecho from pepper and tomato with the addition of juice differs from the standard technology:
- In the oven, you need to turn on the grill and bake a whole bell pepper in it. Bake the peppers for lecho for about ten minutes. Temperature - 180-200 degrees.
- While the pepper is hot, it is placed in a tight plastic bag and properly sealed. In this position, the pepper should cool down, then the peel can be easily removed from it.
- Now the pepper can be cut into small squares (about 2x2 cm).
- The peel is also removed from the tomatoes - this lecho will be very tender. From peeled tomatoes, you need to make mashed potatoes (with a crush, blender or other method).
- Wash the grapes, remove the grapes from the twigs.
- Grind the grapes with a blender, meat grinder. Fold the mass into several layers of gauze, strain the juice.
- Pour the grape juice into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Put the tomato puree on the stove too, pour finely chopped garlic into it.
- Hot peppers are also finely chopped and added to tomato puree.
- Now they pour sugar and salt into the pan, boil the dressing for lecho for about an hour.
- After an hour, add oil, grape juice, vinegar, put Bulgarian pepper.
- Lecho is cooked for another 25-30 minutes.
- A few peppercorns are placed in each sterilized jar and the finished lecho is put there. Roll up the cans with lids.
Advice! Do not crush the garlic in a special appliance. Small pieces cut with a sharp knife will give more flavor to the finished dish.
Sweet pepper lecho without oil for the winter
This is lecho without oil, it is also prepared without the addition of vinegar. This means that winter salad can be eaten even by small children, as well as by those who are looking after their figure or take care of their health.
To prepare vitamin lecho you will need:
- tomatoes - 3 kg;
- bell pepper - 1 kg;
- a spoonful of table salt;
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar;
- herbs and spices to taste;
- 6 cloves of garlic.
Important! To prepare lecho for the winter, it is better to choose fleshy tomatoes, which have a lot of pulp. This will allow you to get the desired thick salad consistency, otherwise all products will simply float in tomato juice.
How to make lecho for the winter:
- Cut into large pieces half the indicated amount of tomatoes.
- Bulgarian pepper is cut into pieces of the same size.
- Place both ingredients in a saucepan or saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook food for about a quarter of an hour.
- Now you can cut the rest of the tomatoes and add them to the cooking lecho.
- Greens (you can take basil, parsley) and garlic are finely chopped with a knife.
- All spices, garlic and herbs are added to the lecho.
- Everything is stirred and boiled for another 5 minutes.
Ready lecho without vinegar and oil can be laid out in sterile jars and rolled up with lids. You can store such a blank in winter even in an apartment - nothing will happen to lecho.
Now it is clear how to cook delicious lecho for the winter. It remains only to decide on the recipe or experiment with several ways of preparing this wonderful winter salad at once.