We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
“Transfiguration” grapes are among the new varieties that are not yet included in the State Register, but are of great interest among professional winegrowers and amateur gardeners in our country.
Grapes "Transfiguration" bred by amateur breeder V.N. Kraynov and is a complex interspecific hybrid with a very early maturity. The duration of the ripening period from the opening of the eyes to the full ripeness of the berries can vary from 100 to 115 days, depending on weather factors and the region of cultivation.
Interspecific hybrid of grapes "Transfiguration" in the root and grafted cultures is characterized by strong growth. In addition, there is a very high stepson-forming ability of the mother grape bushes. On the stepsons, an additional crop of berries is formed.
The flowers are bisexual, which allows us to count on high self-pollination. Grape brushes have a conical shape or have some formlessness. The structure of the brush is characterized by medium density, sometimes friability. The standard mass of each cluster can vary significantly from 0.7 kg to 2.5 kg.
Grape "Transfiguration" forms the berries are very beautiful, quite even and large. The shape of the berry is elongated-oval, up to 5 cm long. The average weight of a fully ripened berry can vary from 18 g to 20 g. The color of the skin average in thickness is pink. The pulp is juicy, quite fleshy, with a pleasant and harmonious taste. Sugar content of grape juice in berries 17-19 g / 100 cm3 with an acidity of 6-7 g / dm3.
Advantages and disadvantages
The interspecific hybrid form “Transfiguration” has not yet been fully tested, so it’s too early to talk about the characteristic advantages or disadvantages of this grape. But, based on the declared characteristics, you can get the following information:
- shoots ripen satisfactorily;
- high compatibility with any types of stocks;
- the yield of this hybrid form is very stable;
- indicators of resistance to major fungal diseases are 3.5-4.0 points;
- lack of peeling, regardless of weather conditions, as well as the quality of the soil at the cultivation site;
- grapes are unstable to frost in the winter, and frost resistance does not exceed -18aboutFROM;
- the transportability and marketability of grape brushes is very high.
One can note a certain prospect of this grape, which makes it more and more popular year after year among not only experienced wine growers, but also amateur gardeners. The average yield from each grape bush reaches 20 kg.
Grape "Transfiguration": cultivation and care
The hybrid form "Transfiguration" is grown quite actively by winegrowers. In order to get a decent crop, you should properly plant the purchased seedlings:
- seedlings should not have any damage, disease, overdried or frostbitten root system;
- the most suitable time for planting is spring, when the soil is sufficiently warm after winter;
- the depth and diameter of the planting pit should correspond to the size of the root system, taking into account the slight elevation of the root neck of the seedling above the ground;
- Before planting, the root system of the seedling should be soaked in water with the addition of special growth stimulants.
After planting a seedling, the soil around the root system should be abundantly covered with water and covered with mulch to obtain a greenhouse effect, which will accelerate the period of adaptation of the plant to cultivation conditions.
When growing grapes "Transfiguration" of particular importance is the observance of agricultural technology:
- obligatory shelter of grape bushes for the winter period with preliminary pruning of vines by ¾ is required;
- annual pruning so that each vine bush has no more than 35 shoots;
- clusters are formed quite voluminous and weighty, which requires the rationing of each shoot to 1 or 2 ovaries;
- It is advisable to combine regular and abundant watering with feeding;
- three times spraying during the growing season of the bushes with fungicides in order to prevent from damage by fungal diseases.
The main activities can be supplemented based on the conditions and region of cultivation of this hybrid form.
We also offer you to learn about the features of the "Buffet" grapes.
The interspecific hybrid form of grapes "Transfiguration" has already gained a well-deserved demand and popularity, which has recently grown exponentially. Such interest in the hybrid is caused not only by the very early ripening of the crop, as well as by the large size of the grape brushes, but also by the unusually beautiful and delicious berries.
Many winegrowers have already managed to notice some similarity of this hybrid in taste and external indicators with varieties from the amateur breeder V.N. Kraynova under the names "Victor" and "Anniversary of Novocherkassk." However, it is the Transfiguration hybrid that can produce two crops within one season, subject to agricultural technology, for which it is highly appreciated by gardeners who grow berries for sale.